MORE to BROWSE - Pages that might be of Interest

Thursday 4 July 2013

The Thursday Thought

This was sent to me in one of those "Round Robin pass it on to 5 people" things. I don't participate in them, but these words are actually worth reading and thinking about - and perhaps passing on....

~  ~  ~ 



               IF I  HAD MY LIFE TO LIVE OVER 

               I would have gone to bed when I  was sick instead of
pretending the earth would  explode if I weren't there for
the day.

               I would have burned the pink candle sculpted like a rose
before it melted in storage.

               I would have talked less and  listened more.

               I would have invited  friends over to dinner even if the
carpet was  stained, or the sofa faded.

               I would have  eaten the popcorn in the 'good' living room
and  worried much less about the dirt when someone  wanted to light a fire
in the fireplace.

               I would have taken the time to listen to  my grandfather
ramble about his youth.

               I  would have shared more of the responsibility carried by
my husband..

               I would never  have insisted the car windows be rolled up on
a  summer day because my hair had just been teased  and sprayed.

               I would have sat on the  lawn with my grass stains.

               I would have  cried and laughed less while watching
television  and more while watching life.

               I would  never have bought anything just because it was
practical, wouldn't show soil, or was guaranteed  to last a lifetime.

               Instead of wishing  away nine months of pregnancy, I'd have
cherished every moment and realized that the  wonderment growing inside me
was the only chance  in life to assist  in a miracle..

               When  my kids kissed me impetuously, I would never have
said, 'Later... Now go get washed up for  dinner.' There would have been
more 'I love  you's, more 'I'm sorry's.'

               But mostly,  given another shot at life, I would seize every
minute; look at it and really see it; live it  and never give it back.

STOP
SWEATING THE SMALL  STUFF!

               Don't worry about who  doesn't like you, who has more, or
who's doing  what.
               Instead, let's cherish the  relationships we have with those
who do love  us...

~ ~ ~ 

on the other hand.....








2 comments:

  1. Beautiful and so worth sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it - just might have to re-post this in my own blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - it should appear soon. If you are having problems, contact me on author AT helenhollick DOT net and I will post your comment for you. That said ...SPAMMERS or rudeness will be composted or turned into toads.

Helen